Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blue Ribbon

Blue Ribbon [280 Fifth Avenue, Brooklyn; Menu]

This Park Slope institution offers everything from Fried Catfish to Pigeon to Tofu Ravioli on its menu, but it seems like fish is the specialty. So armed with this information, I ordered the Duck (confit) of course and it was excellent, falling off the bone and tender. Dan tried the Fried Catfish Sandwich and had similar success and got very full in the process. My parents also had fish, and the Striped Bass was especially good. I also would say that the bread here (hot, fresh rolls) was very good. I went here for an early dinner with my parents and we had no problem securing a table. However, I hear that this is definitely not the case regularly, so if you have a party of 5 or more, make a reservation.

Eat Richly Rating: One Star

No comments: